And it occurred to me that I don't blog much, and I hardly ever blog about happy things. It's always to vent, which is good for me, but rather unfortunate for anyone who happens to stumble upon this blog on a good day and then somehow their mood is dimmed cause I've been having a shitty week.
This week hasn't been great. There's been more deaths of young kids this week than I've seen in a while, and it's really sad. But I vowed this would be a happier post, so I'm not going to go into it.
I've been really happy lately, actually. Aside from the obvious mourning that my entire town and someone close to me is going through, I mean. I've been through enough "bad days" to know how to cheer myself up and get my mind off things. I have to keep busy, write, listen to music, not think, whatever I can do to just not think. I missed Thursday and Friday (/today) of school because I wasn't feeling great, but I guess I didn't miss much due to the loss of the senior in my school, therefore most classes were canceled and assignments postponed. I've been online a lot this week, which has put me in a good mood because I get to talk to people who mean the world to me. Online friendships/relationships are the type of thing that I've found are really hard to be accepted by society until someone has experienced one themselves. Once you get used to it, they're no different from regular friendships, except you don't get to see that person face-to-face. Clearly there's the safety factor involved, but here's hoping that you're smart enough to see the person on webcam or at least in pictures before giving out any more than basic information. Whatever, I'm rambling.
Long story short, I've met some really amazing people, people who continue to surprise me with how helpful and supportive they are each and every day, despite not being able to put their arms around me or tell me it will be alright to my face. There are certain ones who I've felt I was meant to meet one way or another, I think of this time as just a spacer until we meet properly.
Well, either way, most of the time they make me happier than the people I know in my real life do. That's the most important thing, right?
I think so.
Friday, June 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment